Sadly, we’ve already reached the end of Seth Rudetsky’s hilarious My Awesome/Awful Popularity Plan. It was a short one, but we knew that going in and it’s going to be time to move onto another book. So, before we start discussing the final chapters of this book–I just wanted to remind you to comment below with what you think we should read next. One of my thoughts is that we could read American Rose: The Life and Times of Gypsy Rose Lee which is of course the life of the REAL Gypsy Rose which the musical Gypsy is based on. If we read this one, we’ll have five copies to give away. But we’re still taking suggestions.
Anyway, we’re here to talk about Seth’s book. Did you love it? What were your favorite parts? Okay, I won’t get ahead of myself. Instead, I’ll just write up some discussion questions as usual, feel free to answer any or all of them.
1. What were you thinking when Becky kissed Justin?! WHAT WHAAAAT?
2. I saw the issue with Becky’s dad coming. I just knew it was him in the audience before Justin even found out. What are your thoughts on that, did you know it was her dad? Did you think maybe it was Chuck-related? What are your feelings here?
3. WHAT DID YOU THINK WHEN SPENCER SHOWED UP WITH A GIRL!?
4. CHUCK. Discuss and be disgusted.
5. Becky, Spencer…Doug. All the characters! Discuss discuss!
6. What are your final thoughts on the book? Predictions for the sequel? Because Seth has alerted us that there WILL be a sequel!
7. And as usual–any questions for Seth?