I’m so excited that we’re back on another Seth Rudetsky book! I had such a blast reading Broadway Nights by him in the book club last summer and having him join in the discussion. This week we’re discussing My Awesome/Awful Popularity Plan through the end of Chapter 5. Please do not post any spoilers. If you’ve already read the book–by all means, join in our discussion, but don’t give anything away!
As always, you’re welcomed to talk about anything that happens in the book, but to get the discussion flowing, I will list some questions below. Feel free to respond to one, two or even all of them! Please do respond to each other, talk about it!
1. For those of you who have read Broadway Nights, does Justin remind you a little of what Stephen might have been like as a teenager? I love it! He’s so witty and the way he describes things is absolutely entertaining me through every page turn. What about you?
2. Spencer. I don’t want to give my thoughts away on him just yet, so I’ll ask you–what do you think is going to happen with Spencer now that Justin has joined CoolU?
3. Now, Justin really likes Chuck, he’s the major object of his affection. Buuuuut, Chuck really seems to like Becky. Are you getting any kind of gay vibe from him, or do you think it’s all wishful thinking on Justin’s part?
4. What has been your favorite Broadway/Theatre/Musical reference in the book so far?
5. Who is your favorite character so far other than Justin?
6. Do you have any questions for Seth that we should note for when he gets ready to answer some for us? Please let us know! He’ll be joining in
Alright! For next week lets read through chapter 10! Don’t get ahead