We’re on to our second discussion already! I feel like this book is flying by. This week we’re discussing anything that happened from the beginning of the book through Chapter 10, but really focusing on 5-10. DO NOT POST SPOILERS! Don’t ruin it for your fellow readers
As usual, you’re welcomed to use the discussion questions I’ve listed below, or come up with your own. But, talk to each other! Reply to each others comments, let’s really discuss this.
1. Let’s talk about Justin’s parents. I think they’re absolutely adorable. Maybe that’s because of how different they are from my parents. But what do you think of them? Can you relate to things he’s saying about them? How do they compare to your parents? I wonder how they compare to Seth’s parents, because they’re VERY different from Stephen’s (Broadway Nights) parents.
2. Chuck and Becky have an interesting relationship. What do you make of the fact that he cancels so often? And what about all the favors he asks from Justin?
3. How did you feel about the New Years Eve falling out with Spencer?
4. What would you have done if you were put in Justin’s position on New Years Eve? Both with Spencer and in the backyard with Chuck?
5. Any predictions for what’s coming next? How do you like the book so far?
6. Do you have any questions for Seth about this section of the reading?
SIDE BAR: Who else wants a copy of the Broadway Monopoly that Spencer made?! Because I do. Right now.
For next week, read through chapter 15. Feel free to check back on this page all week and add to more of the conversation.